Are you, or is someone you know, lacking a place to call your own? Are you doubling up in a living space that is too small? Have you lost housing due to illness, lack of income, or a disability?
Join the Points North Housing Coalition for food and conversation this month at one of several “Homeless No More” open houses scheduled around the North Country. All open houses will take place on Thursday, January 25th, and volunteers will be on-site to help guests connect with resources to secure housing and other needs. Free food and drinks will be provided.
“Homeless No More” events will be held at the following times and locations:
- Thursday, January 25th from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church, 403 Washington St., Watertown. For more information, contact Lyndsey Podkowka at 315-788-0970.
- Thusday, January 25th from noon to 3 p.m. at Snow Belt Housing, 7500 S. State St., Lowville. For more information, contact Cheryl Shenkle-O’Neill at 315-376-2639, ext. 1.
- Thurdsay, January 25th from 3 to 5 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church, 7707 N. State St., Lowville. For more information, contact Cheryl Shenkle-O’Neill at 315-376-2639, ext. 1.
St. Lawrence County:
- Thursday, January 25th from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Dobisky Visitors Center, 100 Riverside Avenue, Ogdensburg. For more information, contact John Mikolay at 315-764-4610.
- Thursday, January 25th from 5 to 8 p.m. at Maximizing Independent Living Choices, 156 Center St., Massena. For more information, contact Courtnie Toms at 315-764-9442.
For those who cannot make it to an open house, all of the phone numbers listed above can be dialed from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays for assistance with housing and other basic needs.